What is the Kerry County Council Economic Development Unit?
The role of the Economic Development Unit is to promote economic development and create a positive environment for job creation. It provides services to incoming queries from external sources and focuses on longer term strategic economic goals. It provides a strong point of contact and linkage with business support agencies.
The functions of the unit include;
- The marketing of County Kerry to potential investors.
- Working closely with the existing network of larger businesses and overseas companies.
- Liaison with the enterprise development agencies on behalf of incoming queries.
- Supporting the economic infrastructure in the county including incubation and enterprise hub establishment.
- Identification of funding opportunities to promote and develop economic infrastructure.
- Liaise with the Regional Skills Forum and Third Level Institutions in relation to skills development.
- Land use planning and prioritisation.
- Implement the Kerry Local and Community Plan 2016 – 2022
Contact Bridget Fitzgerald at (066) 7183500 Extension 3843
Bridget Fitzgerald is Economic Development Officer for Kerry County Council and is Head of the Economic Development Unit. She leads promotion and facilitation of job creation and economic development across the County. She holds a Bachelor of Business Studies Degree and is a Certified Public Accountant. She has previously worked in the financial services industry and private practice.