A Third (or subsequent) Learner Permit is valid for either 1 year or two years only.
One year Learner Permits are issued on submission of proof of a forthcoming driving test. Two year Learner Permits are issued on submission of a valid Driving Test Failure Certificate.
To apply for your third learner permit, follow these steps:
Step 1: Complete the Learner Driving Permit Application Form D201
The Learner Driving Permit Application Form D201 is available from public libraries and Kerry Garda Stations.
Alternatively contact us at the address below and we will send you form D201.
(Please note: Form D201 must be completed in BLACK pen)
Form D201 is available to download at www.rsa.ie
Step 2: Return all documentation to us
Please also enclose the following:
•Proof of a driving test:
1. A ‘Certificate of Test Failure’ issued within the last 2 years that states you have taken, but failed a driving test
2. An original Driving Test Appointment letter issued by the Road Safety Authority (RSA) confirming that you have an upcoming driving test
• Your previous Learner Driving Permit. If you have lost your current Driving Licence, you must complete the ‘Lost or Stolen Expired Licence Form D8A’. This form must also be stamped at your local Garda station. Valid identification must accompany D8A forms.
• Two recent identical passport type photos, signed by you on the reverse.
• Where the applicant requires a Learner Permit to be issued in a name other than that on a previous licence, supporting documentation e.g. original marriage certificate or original deed poll must be submitted.
• A valid Medical Report (D501) if applicable - available to download at www.rsa.ie
• A cheque, bank draft or postal order for €35.00, made payable to ‘Kerry County Council’. Do not enclose cash.
You will receive your Learner Permit by post.