Community Enhancement Programme 2021
The Community Enhancement Programme (CEP) is funded by the Department of Rural and Community Development.
Kerry County Council and Kerry Local Community Development Committee (LCDC) invite applications for funding under the Department of Rural & Community Development’s Community Enhancement Programme 2021.
The Community Enhancement Programme (CEP) was launched by the Minister for Rural and Community Development,Heather Humphreys TD, and Minister of State with responsibility for Community Development and Charities, Joe O’Brien TD. Funding of €4.5 million has been ring fenced to support community groups impacted by COVID-19. The
allocation for Kerry is €142,409.
Who is eligible to apply?
Any not-for-profit community or voluntary group can apply.
Commercial organisations and individuals are not eligible for funding.
What projects are eligible for funding?
The following provides a non-exhaustive list of projects that could receive funding under the programme:
▪ Adaptation to community centres and amenities for COVID-19 related measures
▪ Once off maintenance of premises
▪ Purchase of equipment for youth clubs and/or adaptations to facilities for COVID-19 related measures
▪ Improvements works to create safe sport/recreation facilities
▪ Improvements to town parks and common areas and spaces and the provision of comfortable and safe meeting
places for young and older people
▪ Public realm improvements and accessibility projects, in line with Kerry’s Age Friendly Strategy
▪ Minor enhancements of play/recreation spaces
▪ Energy efficiency type projects
▪ Purchase of equipment
▪ Adaptations or equipment needed as a result of COVID-19
▪ Purchase of IT Equipment for Community usage and to facilitate training for older people
Separately, for this iteration of the CEP, grants are available for costs associated with reopening of a facility or the sustainability of the facility. These include costs such as utility bills, etc. To ensure appropriate monitoring and governance, the Department is stating that only costs falling due for payment in 2021 are eligible.
Project proposals that have not previously received public funding during COVID in the past 12-18 months will also be prioritised by the LCDC where possible, subject to the overall quality of the project.
Please keep in mind that the delivery of your project must be within the confines of any COVID-19 restrictions that may be in force and that all HSE guidelines and protocols are adhered to.
Offers of funding may be for a lesser amount than that sought by the applicant. Applicants should be aware that the Programme may be oversubscribed. Therefore, in such circumstances, all applications fulfilling the conditions may not be successful or may be for a lesser amount.
This funding is targeted towards enhancing community facilities for individuals and communities that are impacted by disadvantage as identified in the Local Economic & Community Plan (LECP).
How to Apply
Applications should be made online using the following link:- https://arcg.is/1byG1u
Please ensure that all documentation required to complete the application is included, otherwise this may render your application invalid.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 5 p.m. on Friday 16th July, 2021
Queries should be referred by email to [email protected] or by contacting the Community & Tourism Department on (066) 7183680.
The Community Department