Kerry County Council Lodges Planning Application for South Kerry Greenway
Kerry County Council has today (Wednesday) lodged the planning application for the South Kerry Greenway with An Bord Pleanála. The planning application is being made for the development of a greenway amenity measuring almost 32km between Glenbeigh and Reenard on the Iveragh Peninsula in south Kerry. The proposed greenway runs parallel to the Ring of Kerry which is an iconic and internationally renowned tourist route popular with cyclists and with breath-taking scenery.
The planning application comprises an Environmental Impact Assessment Report (EIAR) which assesses the anticipated environmental impact of the project. A Compulsory Purchase Order (CPO) notice for the acquisition of the privately-owned lands to allow the council to develop the greenway will be published on Thursday.
If confirmed by An Bord Pleanála, the CPO will allow Kerry County Council to acquire the land necessary for the project. The scheme impacts on 222 landholdings and 197 landowners and was the subject of extensive public consultation over the past decade. The Council will continue to engage with landowners throughout the process and a dedicated information line will be made available.
The three-metre wide paved surface greenway will run from the townland of Reenard southwest of Caherciveen to the townland of Faha west of Glenbeigh. The route will, in the main, be constructed on the corridor of the abandoned Great Southern railway line with off-line sections being constructed on adjacent lands and local roads. It will include the provision of car parks, and the upgrading of existing bridges and tunnels such as the Cahersiveen Railway Bridge, Gleesk Viaduct and tunnels at Drung Hill.
Copies of the EIAR, CPO notice and other documentation will be available from this Friday, 31 August, at council offices in Killorglin, Cahersiveen and Tralee and on the Kerry County Council website. Submissions on the order must be lodged with An Bord Pleanála by 19 October next.
An Bord Pleanála may decide to hold an oral hearing having regard to any submissions received.
- ABP Pre-Application File
- EIAR Volume 1 Non Technical Summary (PDF)
- EIAR Volume 2 Main Report
- EIAR Volume 3 Appendices
- EIAR Volume 4 Drawings
- EIAR – Volume 5 – NIS
- 201403-404a-Map A_Map U
South Kerry Greenway – Significant Additional Further Information lodged with An Bord Pleanála
Additional further information relating to the South Kerry Greenway was lodged by Kerry County Council with An Bord Pleanála on the 08th April 2019.
This further information has been deemed to contain significant additional data in relation to the likely significant effects on the environment of the proposed road development.
The further information response, together with the original planning application documentation, EIAR and NIS, may be inspected free of charge or purchased on payment of a specified fee during public opening hours for a period commencing on Thursday 09th May 2019 to Monday 24th June 2019 at the following locations:
- The Offices of An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1.
- Tralee Municipal District Office, Kerry County Council, Princes Street, Tralee, County Kerry.
- Caherciveen Area Offices, Kerry County Council, Courthouse, Caherciveen, County Kerry.
- Killorglin Municipal District Office, Library Place, Iveragh Road, Killorglin, County Kerry. Killorglin Area Services Centre, Library Place, Iveragh Road, Killorglin, County Kerry.
Submissions or observations must be received by the An Bord Plenála no later than 5.30 p.m. on Monday 24th June 2019.
Newspaper Advertisement (Significant Additional further Information)
Coastal Erosion Risk Assessment
Peat Stability Risk Assessment
Road Safety Audit Stage 1/2
Movement Management Plan
Report on Additional Information Request
Addendum to EIAR
Addendum to oCEMP
Addendum to NIS
South Kerry Greenway Drawings Additional Information Book A1.5
Coastal Erosion Defence Works Photomontages
- Pre-Planning Application Form - Word format
- Pre-Planning Application Form
- Planning Application Form - Word format
- Planning Application Form (As Gaeilge) - Word format
- Planning Application Form (As Gaeilge)
- Planning Application Form
- Public Site Notice - Word format
- Public Site Notice(As Gaeilge) - Word format
- Public Site Notice
- Public Site Notice (As Gaeilge)
- Further Info Site Notice
- Further Info Site Notice(As Gaeilge)
- Further Info Site Notice (Word format)
- Further Info Site Notice(As Gaeilge) (Word format)
- Extension Of Duration Form
- Further Extension Of Duration Form
- Site Characterisation Application Form
- Site Assessment Checklist
- EPA Code of Practice
- EPA Code of Practice FAQ's - Further information is available on the E.P.A. website at www.epa.ie
- Housing Estate Taking in Charge Form
- Section 57 Application Form ( Protected Structure)
- Copyright and Related Rights Act, 2000 Declaration made under Section 74 (4)
- Enforcement Complaint Form
- Section 5 Application Form
- Certificate of Exemption
- Certificate of Exemption - Explanatory Memorandum
- Article 6(a) Exemption Application Form
- Form 15 - Homesharing and short term letting.
- Form 16 - Short term letting 90 day exceeded.
- Form 17 - End of year form for short term letting.