Refunds of Motor Tax
Tax refund payments can only be made electronically to applicant’s bank account.
Applications for refunds of motor tax can be made to the local motor tax office, on Form RF120 together with fully completed EFT Form, generally in circumstances, when
- The vehicle has been scrapped/destroyed (End of Life Vehicles) or sent permanently out of the State, or
- The vehicle has been stolen and has not been removed by the owner, or
- The owner of the vehicle has ceased, because of illness, injury or other physical disability, to use the vehicle, or physical disability, to use the vehicle, or
- The owner of the vehicle has ceased, because of absence from the State for business or educational purposes, to use the vehicle, or
- The owner of the vehicle has ceased, because of service overseas with the Defence Forces, to use the vehicle.
Please note in respect of applications in the circumstances outlined in number 3 above the original disc must be returned to the local motor tax prior to its start date.
It is important to note that an applicant must surrender the relevant tax disc immediately as refunds are generally calculated from the first of the month following the surrender of the disc.
A minimum of three unexpired whole calendar months must be left on the disc when surrendered.
For further information on Refunds please contact Kerry Motor Tax Office or online at www.motortax.ie
Motor Tax Office,
Kerry County Council Offices,
Email: [email protected]