Outdoor Dining Enhancement Scheme
The focus of the Outdoor Seating & Accessories for Tourism & Hospitality Business Scheme is to provide a level of financial support to tourism and hospitality businesses, in our town centres, to purchase or upgrade equipment to provide additional outdoor seating and, therefore, increase their outdoor dining capacity for the summer of 2021. This scheme will financially assist and support independent tourism and hospitality business owners to create outdoor dining experiences in a regulated and accessible manner. Funding under the scheme is only available to existing businesses.
Register here for information webinar on 29 April: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/4943327727263198989
The Outdoor Seating & Accessories for Tourism & Hospitality Business Scheme opened for applications on the 12th April 2021 and closes on the 30th September 2021.
The Application Form including the General Terms and Conditions of the Scheme can be downloaded here.
• The scheme is open to attractions, hotels, restaurants, cafes, public houses or other tourism and hospitality business establishments where food is sold for consumption on the premises.
• All applicants will be required to comply with planning codes, legislative requirements and other compliance requirements.
• Applicants can apply for a grant of up to €4,000 (for up to 75% of the ex-VAT cost of equipment purchased).
An applicant will be eligible for the scheme where commercial rates due in respect of the premises have been paid for the period up to the 31st December 2019 or a payment plan is in place with the Local Authority
• Eligible Expenditure:
– Outdoor tables
– Electric heaters
– Plant stands
– Wooden platform
• Expenditure must be incurred between 1st April 2020 (last year) and 30th September 2021.
• Applicants must submit receipts and photographs of the furniture in situ.
• If the outdoor furniture is to be located on a public road/footpath, a Street Furniture Licence is required and an Application must be submitted under Section 254 of the Planning & Development Act 2000. The Street Furniture Licence Application must be approved and a Licence issued to the applicant first, and submitted along with the Outdoor Seating & Accessories for Tourism & Hospitality Business Scheme application form in order to apply for the Grant. If the Licence is refused, the applicant will not be eligible for the grant.
The Street Furniture Licence (Section 254) Application can be downloaded here.