Planning Application Process
The Planning and Development Acts 2000-2018 places an obligation to obtain planning permission for development defined under the planning legislation. The application process for planning is set out in the Planning & Development Regulations 2001-2019. The applications are accepted by post or at the public counter in the Planning Department at Council Headquarters. Applications are assessed in accordance with the statutory provisions and having regard to the proper planning and development of the area and the provisions of the County Development Plan.
The formal decision on applications is a function of the Chief Executive having regard to reports prepared by the administrative and technical staff of the Council. The applicant or a third party may appeal a decision of the Council or any conditions attached to such decisions to An Bord Pleanála within four weeks.
Planning files from and including 2015 to date are located at County Buildings and may be inspected at the public counter. Earlier files are stored off site but can be ordered by telephoning the office and are normally available for inspection within 3 working days. There is a retrieval charge for 2010 files and earlier years of €15 per file.
Payments can be made at the public counter by: Cash / Cheque / Bank Draft / Postal Order / Credit Card or Debit Card.
- Pre-Planning Application Form - Word format
- Pre-Planning Application Form
- Planning Application Form - Word format
- Planning Application Form (As Gaeilge) - Word format
- Planning Application Form (As Gaeilge)
- Planning Application Form
- Public Site Notice - Word format
- Public Site Notice(As Gaeilge) - Word format
- Public Site Notice
- Public Site Notice (As Gaeilge)
- Further Info Site Notice
- Further Info Site Notice(As Gaeilge)
- Further Info Site Notice (Word format)
- Further Info Site Notice(As Gaeilge) (Word format)
- Extension Of Duration Form
- Further Extension Of Duration Form
- Site Characterisation Application Form
- Site Assessment Checklist
- EPA Code of Practice
- EPA Code of Practice FAQ's - Further information is available on the E.P.A. website at www.epa.ie
- Housing Estate Taking in Charge Form
- Section 57 Application Form ( Protected Structure)
- Copyright and Related Rights Act, 2000 Declaration made under Section 74 (4)
- Enforcement Complaint Form
- Section 5 Application Form
- Certificate of Exemption
- Certificate of Exemption - Explanatory Memorandum
- Article 10 (6)(a) Exemption Application Form
- Form 15 - Homesharing and short term letting.
- Form 16 - Short term letting 90 day exceeded.
- Form 17 - End of year form for short term letting.
- Form 18 - Large-scale Residential Development Meeting Request Form
- Form 19 - To accompany Large-scale Residential Development Application