Proposed Wylfa Newydd Nuclear Power Plant, Anglesey, North Wales, United Kingdom Transboundary Public Consultation
25 January 2019 – Extension of consultation deadline for Transboundary Environmental consultation on proposed Wylfa Newydd nuclear power plant following Horizon Nuclear announcement last week
The consultation deadline for the transboundary environmental consultation on the proposed Wylfa Newydd nuclear power plant in the UK, from close of business today, 25 January to close of business on Friday 15 February 2019.
Following the announcement last week that Horizon Nuclear Power was suspending its UK nuclear development programme, including plans for the proposed Wylfa Neywdd plant in Anglesey, North Wales, the Department of Housing Planning and Local Government sought clarification from the UK Planning Inspectorate on the implications of the announcement for the transboundary environmental consultation with Ireland.
Notwithstanding the announcement by Horizon Nuclear Power, the UK Planning Inspectorate has confirmed that the development consent application (planning application) for the Wylfa Newydd plant has not been withdrawn by the applicant, and it will be continuing with its assessment of the application for the Wylfa Newydd plant as normal. Accordingly, the transboundary consultation between Ireland and the UK will continue with an extended deadline to afford additional time to those who wish to make a submission to do so at this important stage in the process.
Anyone intending to make a submission is asked to make them to this planning authority, on or before the new closing date – close of business on Friday 15 February 2019
The Department of Housing, Planning and Local Government has received confirmation from the UK Planning Inspectorate that the development consent application (planning application) for the proposed Wylfa Newydd plant has not been withdrawn by the applicant (Horizon Nuclear Power) and accordingly the UK Planning Inspectorate is continuing with its assessment of the development consent application for the proposed Wylfa Newydd plant as normal.
Please Note: The legal basis for processing this information is Article 6(1)(c) and 6(1)(e) of the GDPR Regulation and Article 132(4) and 132(5) of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001, as amended. In accordance with Article 132(4) + (5) of the Regulations, submissions/observations including personal information or a summary of same shall be shared with the Minister for the Department of Housing, Planning and Local Government and the UK Planning Inspectorate. The UK Planning Inspectorate will publish submissions/observations or summary of same on its website.
E: [email protected]
- Pre-Planning Application Form – Word format
- Pre-Planning Application Form
- Planning Application Form – Word format
- Planning Application Form
- Public Site Notice – Word format
- Public Site Notice(As Gaeilge) - Word format
- Public Site Notice
- Public Site Notice (As Gaeilge)
- Further Info Site Notice
- Further Info Site Notice(As Gaeilge)
- Further Info Site Notice (Word format)
- Further Info Site Notice(As Gaeilge) (Word format)
- Extension Of Duration Form
- Further Extension Of Duration Form
- Site Characterisation Application Form
- Site Assessment Checklist
- EPA Code of Practice
- EPA Code of Practice FAQ's - Further information is available on the E.P.A. website at www.epa.ie
- Policy on Taking in Charge of Housing Estates
- Housing Estate Taking in Charge Form
- Section 57 Application Form ( Protected Structure)
- Copyright and Related Rights Act, 2000 Declaration made under Section 74 (4)
- Enforcement Complaint Form
- Section 5 Application Form
- Certificate of Exemption
- Certificate of Exemption - Explanatory Memorandum
- Article 10(6)(a) Exemption Application Form
- Form 15 - Homesharing and short term letting.
- Form 16 - Short term letting 90 day exceeded.
- Form 17 - End of year form for short term letting.
- Form 18 - Large-scale Residential Development Meeting Request Form
- Form 19 - To accompany Large-scale Residential Development Application