The Protected Disclosures Act 2014 commenced in July 2014. The objective of the legislation is to help encourage workers to report wrongdoing by providing protection against penalisation.
Under the Act a worker can make a disclosure on a matter where they believe there is a wrongdoing in the workplace (defined under the Act). In such circumstances the Act afford protections for the worker against penalisation due to making the disclosure.
The Act is not a replacement for existing mandatory reporting regimes and it is not a replacement for existing grievance mechanisms. It is intended to deal with matters of public interest and not intended for reporting of matters of private interest.
Kerry County Council has in place an Interim Policy and Procedure on Protected Disclosures.
- Protected Disclosures Annual Report 2020 – 2021
- Protected Disclosures Annual Report 2019 – 2020
- Protected Disclosures Annual Report 2018 – 2019
- Protected Disclosures Annual Report 2016 – 2017
- Protected Disclosures Annual Report 2017 – 2018
- Protected Disclosures Act 2014
- Kerry County Council Protected Disclosures Policy and Procedures
- Protected Disclosures Policy
- A-Z Services
- Locate Us
- Online Mapping