To view upcoming webinars or previous public consultations/webinars please click here.
Part VIII Planning Applications and Other Public Consulations
Part VIII allows for the application of planning permission for projects by local authorities.
Where a project is being progressed by the local authority, planning permission is applied for under Part VIII of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001-2015, and the procedure is set out in Part 11, Section 179 of the Planning and Development Act 2000 as amended.
This procedure requires that notice of the proposed development be given in an approved newspaper and that a site notice be erected on the land on which the proposed development would be situated.
After the expiration of the period during which submissions or observations may be made, a report is presented to the members of the council. This report contains, amongst other items, a list of the persons or bodies who made submissions, along with a summary of the issues raised by them and the chief executive’s response. This report recommends whether or not the proposed development should be proceeded with as proposed, or should not be proceeded with.
Following consideration of the report, the proposed development may be carried out as recommended in the report, unless the local authority, by resolution, decides to vary or modify the development, otherwise than as recommended in the report, or decides not to proceed with the development.
To view current Part VIII applications and consultations, please follow the links below:
- Part 8 Public Notice – Cahersiveen Public Realm Enhancement Plans at the Fair Field and Waterfront Amenity
- Part 8 Public Notice Conservation, renovation and adaption of the Court House Building at Killorglin
- Part 8 Public Notice Conservation, renovation and extension of the Carnegie Building at Cahersiveen
- Part 8 Roof Replacement & Installation of Solar Photovoltaic Panels at the Machinery Yard Building – Áras an Chontae, Rathass, Tralee, Co. Kerry
- Part 8 Public notice – Development of a Sports Facility and Associated Works at Derreen, Killarney
- Part 8 Public Notice – Proposed Amenity Looped Paths at Peninsula Park, Kenmare
- Cahersiveen Public Realm Enhancement Plans
- Part 8 – N22 MD O’ Shea Roundabout to Ballycasheen Road Upgrade Project
- Part 8 Construction of a Two Storey Modular Building – Áras an Chontae, Rathass, Tralee, Co. Kerry
To view other current and recent publications, please click on the following links:
- Have your say on Kerry County Council’s Draft Climate Action Plan
- Notice of Application to An Bord Pleanála for Approval for Refurbishment Works at Boston Bridge Blackwater killarney
- Milltown Town Centre First Masterplan
- Street Performers Draft Bye-Laws 2023 (Killarney Town)
- Kerry Joint Policing Committee – Annual Public meeting
- Public Consultation Notice – Data Sharing Agreement (DSA) for the sharing of LEO Suite of Services Data between Enterprise Ireland and all Local Authorities
- Residential Zoned Land Tax – Public Consultation