Draft Strategic Policy Committee Scheme
Following the Local Elections, Kerry County Council propose to establish five Strategic Policy Committees (SPCs). The purpose of the Committees is to give Sectoral Interests an input in assisting and advising the Council in the formulation, development and review of policy and its implementation.
The five proposed SPCs are as follows:
- Economic Development, Enterprise, Tourism and Community SPC
- Roads, Transportation and Marine SPC
- Environment, Climate Change and Emergency Planning SPC
- Housing SPC
- Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht SPC
Membership of the SPCs will comprise of Elected Members and representatives of the following Sectors:
- Agriculture / Farming
- Environmental / Conservation
- Development / Construction
- Business / Commercial
- Trade Union
- Community / Voluntary
- Social Inclusion
- Approved Housing Bodies
- Údarás na Gaeltachta
The Draft SPC Scheme may be inspected at the locations listed hereunder during normal office hours from Thursday, 25 July to Monday, 26 August 2019 (inclusive).
- Corporate Affairs Department, Room 223, Kerry County Council, County Buildings, Rathass, Tralee
- Kerry County Council Offices in Castleisland, Dingle, Kenmare, Killarney, Killorglin, Caherciveen and Listowel
The Draft SPC Scheme is also available – DRAFT STRATEGIC POLICY COMMITTEE SCHEME July 2019 – Bilingual
Submissions on the Draft Scheme may be lodged with Mr. Liam Quinlan, SEO, Corporate Affairs Department, Kerry County Council, County Buildings, Rathass, Tralee not later than 5.00 p.m. on Wednesday, 28 August 2019.