Town & Village Renewal Scheme 2021
Expression of Interest – Town & Village Renewal Scheme 2021
Kerry County Council is seeking ‘Expressions of Interests’ from groups/organisations who may have suitable projects for consideration under the Town & Village Renewal Scheme 2021. This scheme has been developed by the Department of Rural and Community Development to support measures which rejuvenate rural and urban towns and villages throughout Ireland.
The measures that will be supported by the 2021 Town and Village Renewal Scheme include:
- Tackling dereliction in town centres
- Turning vacant properties into remote working and community spaces
- Supporting Local Authorities to run innovative marketing campaigns targeted at attracting remote workers to their county.
- Investing in green spaces, parks and recreational amenities
- Upgrading and improving shop fronts & streetscapes on Main Streets
- Projects that support and enhance the night time economy and add vibrancy to town centres
Kerry County Council at this early stage is trying to ascertain the potential level of interest and the type/nature of projects that may be eligible under the scheme.
All Expressions of Interest will be assessed based on the priorities as contained in the Scheme Outline.All interested groups/organisations must complete an Expression of Interest Form and return by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: Community & Tourism Department, Kerry County Council, County Buildings, Rathass, Tralee, Co. Kerry no later than 5 p.m. on Friday 11th June, 2021.
The deadline is set to allow all applications to be assessed in advance of the Local Authority submitting final applications to the Department of Rural and Community Development by 16th July, 2021.
Please contact your local Municipal District Office with your queries or email email@example.com
- Any extension of the closing date cannot be facilitated in any circumstance.
- The process is competitive as there is a limit on the number of submissions that Kerry County Council can submit to the Department.
- The submission of an Expression of Interest does not guarantee a final application to the Department to consider the project for funding. Projects that are shortlisted to Application Stage will be formally notified by the Local Authority.
The Community Department