Town & Village Renewal Scheme 2022
Expression of Interest – Town & Village Renewal Scheme 2022
Kerry County Council is seeking ‘Expressions of Interests’ from groups/organisations who may have suitable projects for consideration under the Town & Village Renewal Scheme 2022. This scheme has been developed by the Department of Rural and Community Development to support measures which rejuvenate rural and urban towns and villages throughout Ireland.
The measures that will be supported by the 2022 Town and Village Renewal Scheme include:
Priority A1 Projects
- Projects that bring vacant and derelict buildings and sites back into use as multipurpose spaces. Multipurpose use includes enterprise spaces, arts, tourism, youth hubs and other community uses.
- Projects that bring vacant properties in Town Centres back into use as Remote Working Hubs. This also includes funding for the repurposing of existing community or publicly owned buildings in town or villages to facilitate remote working.
Priority A2 Projects
- Regeneration projects that assist in revitalising our rural towns and villages that will drive greater economic activity, footfall and address vacancy and dereliction.
- New Build Community Centres where there is a clearly identified and defined need in a town or village that cannot be met with an existing premises.
- Marketing Campaigns targeted at attracting remote workers and mobile talent to their county/region and promotion of specific town/villages to attract new customers and or business investment.
- Projects to develop parks plazas, public outdoor dining spaces, green spaces (including allotments and community gardens) and recreational spaces/amenities to include outdoor sports facilities such as skate parks basketball courts, tennis courts. Only applications for funding for public or community owned or leased property will be considered.
Priority B Projects
- Upgrading and improving shop fronts & streetscapes on main streets.
- Projects that support and enhance the night-time economy and add vibrancy to town centres.
- Enhancement of heritage assets located in towns and villages including energy efficiency measures.
Kerry County Council at this early stage is trying to ascertain the potential level of interest and the type/nature of projects that may be eligible under the scheme.
All Expressions of Interest will be assessed based on the priorities as contained in the Scheme Outline.
All interested groups/organisations must complete an Expression of Interest Form and return by email to [email protected] or by post to: Community & Tourism Department, Kerry County Council, County Buildings, Rathass, Tralee, Co. Kerry no later than 5 p.m. on Tuesday 28th June, 2021.
The deadline is set to allow all applications to be assessed in advance of the Local Authority submitting final applications to the Department of Rural and Community Development by 22nd July 2022.
Please contact your local Municipal District Office with your queries or email [email protected]
- Any extension of the closing date cannot be facilitated in any circumstance.
- The process is competitive as there is a limit on the number of submissions that Kerry County Council can submit to the Department.
- The submission of an Expression of Interest does not guarantee a final application to the Department to consider the project for funding. Projects that are shortlisted to Application Stage will be formally notified by the Local Authority.
The Community Department