Local Authority Housing

Local authorities are the main providers of housing for people who are in need of housing and who cannot afford it from their own resources by way of making available a range of rented housing to meet a variety of accommodation needs. To be considered for local authority housing, you should apply to your local authority – Kerry County Council.

Do I qualify?
If you are in need of housing and unable to provide it from your own resources, you may apply for local authority housing. In assessing your application, the local authority will take into account such factors as household size, household income, your present accommodation (if any), the condition of that accommodation and any special circumstances including age, disability, medical circumstances etc. Houses are allocated to applicants in order of priority, taking all circumstances into account.  The rents are related to your ability to pay.

Where do I apply?
Application forms are available from the Housing Department, Kerry County Council, Áras an Chontae, Tralee – Tel. 066-7183862/066 76183705

  • Explanatory Notes
  • Local Authority Housing Application Form



Social Housing Allocation Scheme

Contact Us

Housing Dept,
Rathass, Tralee,
Co. Kerry
Applications (066) 7183862
Grants (066) 7183839
Housing Rents (066) 7183647
Repairs (066) 7183645
Rental Accommodation (066) 7183855
F. (066) 7161803
Email: [email protected]

Translate »