The Environment Department has responsibility for a wide range of areas. We are responsible for the following areas :
Kerry County Council’s five Civic Amenity Sites (Kenmare, Killarney, Milltown, Lios Póil and Cahersiveen) are again open for the receipt of domestic waste from customers.
- Customers are asked to use credit/debit cards payments as far as possible.
- Traffic control will be in place at sites to oversee physical distancing guidelines.
- Customers are asked to be patient and to comply with public health restrictions
• Monitoring Beaches & Water Quality.
• Our Recycling & Waste Disposal Sites throughout Kerry provide an opportunity for people to dispose of waste and recycle items responsibly.
• Litter – Our Litter Wardens work constantly to control litter and illegal dumping.
• Waste Regulation, Air Quality & Noise Control and Septic Tanks/Site Suitability.
• Dog Control and Dog Licensing in County Kerry.
• Environmental Awareness – We aim to increase environmental awareness by working closely with local communities and schools.