The Accounts Payable Section is responsible for the processing of all payments made by Kerry County Council
Payment Policy to Suppliers.
The following is the Council’s Policy in relation to the payment of invoices to suppliers.
- Pay Suppliers within a timeframe of 15 days, commencing the day the Accounts Payable section receives a valid invoice.
- Monitor invoices received to ensure that payments are processed in a timely manner.
- Provide clear guidance to suppliers on their role in ensuring timely payment of invoices.
- Deal with invalid and disputed invoices in a timely manner in accordance with existing policies.
- A valid invoice can be submitted electronically or in paper format and must include the following:
- Supplier name, address and date.
- Invoice Number.
- VAT number of the Supplier and net/gross VAT rates/value.
- PPS number if Supplier is not registered for VAT
- The Council Purchase Order Number. Note: The Invoice should only relate to one Purchase Order, or part of
- Invoices which quote multiple orders will be deemed invalid and returned.
- Details of goods delivered and work/services carried out/provided.
- Where Invoices come within the scope of the Reverse VAT Rule (RCT) should quote the following:
“VAT ON THIS SUPPLY TO BE ACCOUNTED FOR BY THE PRINCIPAL CONTRACTOR” and VAT should not be charged.
- The Council’s required method of payment is by means of Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT).
- A notification of payment (Remittance Advice) will be sent to the supplier’s e-mail address provided.
Suppliers must have an eTax Clearance Certificate in order for payment to be made.Full details of the requirements in relation to Tax Clearance Certificates, Professional Services Withholding Tax, and Relevant Contracts Tax (RCT) together with application forms are available from the Revenue website.
Tel: Accounts Payable: 066-71-83500-Extn 3366
FMS Office: 066-71-83520
Opening Hours Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm