Community Activities Fund under the Community Enhancement Programme
The Community Activities Fund (CAF) is funded by the Department of Rural and Community Development.
The Community Activities Fund was launched by the Minister for Rural and Community Development, Heather Humphreys TD, and Minister of State with responsibility for Community Development and Charities, Joe O’Brien TD with funding of €9 million announced to support community groups impacted by COVID-19. The allocation for Kerry is €284,817.
Kerry County Council and Kerry Local Community Development Committee (LCDC) invite applications for funding under the Department of Rural & Community Development’s Community Activities Fund under the Community Enhancement Programme.
The Community Activities Fund will support community groups, particularly in disadvantaged areas with their non-pay running and operating costs. Groups will also be able to use the funding to carry out necessary repairs and improvements to their facilities and to purchase equipment. Some examples are as follows:
Non-pay running costs* Electricity, refuse, heating
Non-pay operating costs* Rent/lease costs and insurance bills
Capital costs Necessary repairs/improvements to facilities, purchase of equipment such as tables and chairs, tools and signage, laptops and printers, lawnmowers, canopies and training equipment (this is a non-exhaustive list of projects that could receive funding)
*To ensure appropriate monitoring and governance, the Department is stating that only operating/running costs related to this period are eligible – 1st July 2021 to 30th June 2022.
Who is eligible to apply?
Any not-for-profit community or voluntary group can apply.
Commercial organisations and individuals are not eligible for funding.
How to Apply
- Applicants are advised to read the application guidelines prior to completing the online application form.
- Applications should be made online using the following link:- https://arcg.is/0PPun9
Terms Conditions – Community Activities Fund
Guidelines – Community Activities Fund
- Please ensure that all documentation required to complete the online application is included, otherwise this may render your application invalid.
- The closing date for receipt of applications is Monday 28th February, 2022
- Queries should be referred by email to [email protected] or by contacting the Community & Tourism Department on (066) 7183680.
- Application forms are available in Irish, on request.
Please keep in mind that the delivery of your project must be within the confines of any COVID-19 restrictions that may be in force and that all HSE guidelines and protocols are adhered to.
Offers of funding may be for a lesser amount than that sought by the applicant. Applicants should be aware that the fund may be oversubscribed. Therefore, in such circumstances, all applications fulfilling the conditions may not be successful or may be for a lesser amount.