Community Enhancement Programme 2020
The Community Enhancement Programme (CEP), which is funded by the Department of Rural and Community Development, has provided €62,534 for projects in Kerry in 2020. The CEP provides funding to community groups across Ireland to enhance facilities in disadvantaged areas and is administered by the Local Community Development Committees (LCDCs) in each Local Authority area.
Kerry County Council is pleased to announce that grant applications are now being invited from Community Groups and Local Organisations across the county. In Kerry it has been agreed that the funding under this Programme will be targeted at Covid-19 related capital expenditure as well as supporting Age Friendly initiatives under Kerry’s Age Friendly Programme.
Typical enhancements under the programme could include:-
▪ COVID 19 Capital Related Expenditure
▪ Hand Hygiene and Safety Measures at public amenities
• Adaptation to Community centres and social spaces for COVID 19 related
• Purchase of IT Equipment for Community usage and to facilitate training for
• Improvement works to create safe outdoor recreation spaces
▪ Accessibility projects
• Home Maintenance Programmes
• Provision of comfortable, safe meeting spaces for older people (indoor and
The funding covers capital projects only and should demonstrate added value. The CEP will be administered by Kerry County Council in co-operation with the Local Community Development Committee.
There are 2 levels of Grant available under the programme in Co Kerry:-
1. Small scale capital grant of €1,000 or less
2. Capital grant in excess of €1,000
Organisations eligible for funding include:
▪ Locally based community and voluntary groups in disadvantaged urban and
▪ Not-for-profit organisations
Those not eligible for funding include:
• Commercial organisations, individuals and for-profit organisations.
Requests for assistance usually exceed the funds available. Offers of funding may be for a lesser amount than that sought by the applicant. Applicants should be aware that the Programme may be oversubscribed. Therefore, all applications fulfilling the conditions may not be successful or may be allocated a lesser amount.
Applications will be evaluated by the LCDC to ensure eligibility and consistency with the scheme as advertised.
Groups can contact the Community Department with any queries by email at email@example.com or by phone at 066-7183680.
Deadline for receipt of applications is 5p.m. on Thursday 6th August, 2020
The Community Department