Kerry County Streetscape Enhancement Measure 2021 Pilot Scheme
A new Town and Village Renewal STREETSCAPE ENHANCEMENT Scheme has been announced as part of ‘Our Rural Future – Ireland’s Rural Development Policy 2021-2025.’
Eligible Areas within County Kerry
The Pilot scheme is open to commercial/residential or vacant buildings in the selected streets of the following towns.
- Ballybunion – Main Street (Part of) /Sandhill Road (Part of)
- Castleisland – Main Street Streetscape Enhancement Scheme – Castleisland
- Killorglin – Langford Street (Part of) /Lr Bridge St to the Square
Please see Maps in individual town application forms for the definitive approved areas to which the scheme applies.
Kerry County Council is seeking applications from property owners in the above Towns by 5pm 7th September 2021.
Applications will be assessed, and successful applicants will be notified by September 20th 2021.
Applicants must complete the works as per letter of offer and submit invoices, evidence of payment and photographs of completed works NO LATER than November 5th 2021.
The grant scheme is at 70% grant rate in the case of an individual property or 80% where there are 3 or more adjacent properties.
Kerry County Council schemes allows for the following eligible works:
– Replacement of existing shopfront with traditional painted wooden shopfront OR Contemporary Design (max €4,000 grant/building)
– Replacement of signage with traditional wooden fascia with wooden/hand painted lettering OR Contemporary design; Careful illumination and lighting of architectural features of buildings; Improvements to shopfront window displays and staging. (max €4,000 grant/building)
– Decluttering of Shop-fronts, e.g. removal of redundant wiring/poles/signs (max €2,000 grant/building)
– Painting of building/shopfront in Local Authority pre-agreed colours (max €1,500 grant/building)
– Green enhancement of entrances/terraces with planting (max €500)
– Maximum overall grant for any one building is €8,000
– 2 written quotations for any works/services under €3,000.
– 3 written quotations for any works/services above €3,000
– Quotations must be on headed paper of supplier with contact details, VAT registration and date and addressed to the Applicant.
Photograph must be submitted of building with application form.
Contact details for the individual towns are set out in the application forms
Kerry County Council
E: [email protected]