This guide has been produced by Kerry County Council (KCC) as a guide on best practice in relation to shopfronts.
Shopfronts are a very important element of the streetscape. Therefore, they should be of a high standard of design and reflect the architecture of the original building and of the surrounding area.
It is the policy of the Council to preserve and retain traditional shopfronts that contribute to the character of Kerry. The need to change old shopfronts whether protected or not will be closely questioned. Preference should be given to refurbishment rather than replacement. Regular inspection and maintenance is essential to avoid serious defects and decay.
Kerry County Council seeks to encourage retail innovation, creativity, vitality and recognises the role shopfronts, signs and advertising can have on the character of a street.
E: [email protected]
- Pre-Planning Application Form - Word format
- Pre-Planning Application Form
- Planning Application Form - Word format
- Planning Application Form
- Public Site Notice - Word format
- Public Site Notice(As Gaeilge) - Word format
- Public Site Notice
- Public Site Notice (As Gaeilge)
- Further Info Site Notice
- Further Info Site Notice(As Gaeilge)
- Further Info Site Notice (Word format)
- Further Info Site Notice(As Gaeilge) (Word format)
- Extension Of Duration Form
- Further Extension Of Duration Form
- Site Characterisation Application Form
- Site Assessment Checklist
- EPA Code of Practice
- EPA Code of Practice FAQ's - Further information is available on the E.P.A. website at www.epa.ie
- Housing Estate Taking in Charge Form
- Section 57 Application Form ( Protected Structure)
- Copyright and Related Rights Act, 2000 Declaration made under Section 74 (4)
- Enforcement Complaint Form
- Section 5 Application Form
- Certificate of Exemption
- Certificate of Exemption - Explanatory Memorandum
- Article 10 (6)(a) Exemption Application Form
- Form 15 - Homesharing and short term letting.
- Form 16 - Short term letting 90 day exceeded.
- Form 17 - End of year form for short term letting.
- Form 18 - Large-scale Residential Development Meeting Request Form
- Form 19 - To accompany Large-scale Residential Development Application